Written by Irina Roibu, Inquiry Coordinator
Are you interested in starting therapy sessions but not sure how to best get in touch with our office? Here are the steps of the inquiry process; we wanted to share these so you know what to expect and put your mind at ease.
First, the ways to contact us are:
From the contact page on our website: https://ahskorea.com/contact/. Please fill in the form and we will contact you as soon as possible. Make sure to fill in the days and times when we can call you.
By email: Although setting up an appointment can happen more efficiently over the phone, if you prefer to discuss over email only, feel free to send us an email at: [email protected]
By phone: 02-479-7915 (+82 2 749-7915 – international).
What questions will you be asked and why?
1. Reasons for seeking counseling – In order to match you with our best therapist, we need to know why you’re looking for counseling at the moment. It doesn’t have to be a lot of details. Please feel free to share as much as you are comfortable with and be assured your information will always remain confidential.
2. Financial discussion –
a. First, we will discuss if you have international insurance that has counseling coverage, and see if we can either create a direct bill with them or provide you
with a receipt to be reimbursed later.
b. If you don’t have insurance that covers counseling sessions, we will discuss the
options for out-of-the pocket payment. Additionally, we will talk about the types
of therapists we have here and the session fees for each of them.
c. If the fees are too high, we can also discuss our financial assistance program and
check if you are eligible for it.
3. Based on these two important pieces of information, we can propose a therapist for you. If you want to have a look at the expertise of our therapists before contacting us, please feel free to take a look at our website: https://ahskorea.com/team/
4. When we find together the best fit for you, we can proceed with booking an intake session. Depending on your location and availability, we have three options available:
Seoul Office, Pyeongtaek Office, or Tele Mental Health (online). After choosing the best fit for you, we can proceed with booking the intake session.
5. After booking the appointment, we will send you a confirmation email with all the details regarding your financial options, costs, location of our offices, or the website for the online session.
6. * In case you change your mind about starting counseling or you want to change the date of the appointment, please kindly inform us 48 hours before.
❈ Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are doing our best to keep our office a safe and comfortable environment, so please allow us to contact you to check on your health situation before coming to our offices. When arriving at our office, please use the disinfectant at the entrance and keep your mask on. Finally, please allow us to check your temperature.